Advent Post from New Hope

I have been reading the daily Advent posts on the New Hope Community blog, and today's post really hit me. (You can read it here.) It talked about "...'old tapes' running through our heads..." which is something I find myself struggling with very often. However, I am (slowly) learning how to put those resentments, belittlements, and/or losses behind me.

I found this post very encouraging to me because it reminded me that I am NOT the only person who goes through this!

1 comment:

vic said...

You are definitely not the only one who experiences this. I was talking to a friend recently about how we sometimes even need to grieve that the the past was not as it 'should have been' or the persons in the past were not who they 'should have been.' Somehow that helps put some things in perspective when we take the time to actually grieve the past.

I pray 2009 is a year of grace-filled tapes in your mind.