Another Example (Follow-up from Yesterday)

Just as a follow-up to yesterday's post, I need to vent again. I cannot believe that people can put up with this!

In my post yesterday, I made a comment about someone in our office making fun of another "for fun." Well, here is an example of what goes on:

The abuser walked in the door this morning and looked at his favorite target. He told her, "...for the next ten minutes, I won't even tease you about your stupid hair or about being fat. I'll give you ten minutes." (No, this is NOT an exaggeration!)

When she was pregnant, the abuser would call her fat, fatso, chubbo, etc. I finally said to him one day, "You know...that baby can hear everything you say." He apologized but continued to do it, adding in a nice tone of voice, "I don't mean you, baby; I mean your mother."

Why does she put up with it? I asked her about it yesterday, and she just shrugged and said, "He'll see, someday, when I lose the baby weight...then he can kiss my non-fat butt."

If that stuff was directed at me, I'd be a total basket case (instead of just a semi-basket case).

No comments: