Why is picking a costume so difficult?

Last Year's Haunted Castle Set-Up at the Baun Residence
I can’t understand why, every year, I seem to have the most difficult time coming up with a Halloween costume for myself. Curt and I have a reputation in our neighborhood of being one of the scariest houses on the street. We had a new neighbor move in two houses down last year, who gave us a run for our money, and now we even have the house in between getting into the game (although on a much smaller scale). So, because of the “scariest houses” reputation, I feel that I have to do this every year for fear of letting the neighborhood kids down.

This year, we have put up the haunted castle - shown in the photos above (although it’s in a different spot this year). I’d also like to get the cemetery set up on the other side of the castle, since we moved it this year. We’ll have the fog going, scary music playing, and caution tape everywhere the night of trick-or-treat…but I still have no clue what to do for my costume.

If anyone has any suggestions, I’ll take anything into consideration…time is really getting short.If you're in the neighborhood, feel free to drive by and check out the haunted castle. It wouldn't be the first time we had people just walking into our front yard to check it out! :) (Don't ask!!)

No comments: