Awaiting Logan’s Arrival

How exciting is this? Logan (our third grandson) may be coming any day now, instead of at the end of the month, and we are so excited while awaiting his arrival! For those of you who may not know, Curt’s son and daughter-in-law, Scott and Jessica, are expecting the arrival of their second son, Logan, any day now. Logan will be Ethan’s little brother, who I’m sure you’ve heard me talk about (especially since we just visited them in Myrtle Beach, SC). Our other grandson, Matthew, lives here in Youngstown with his parents, Bill (Curt’s oldest) and Amy.

Logan was supposed to be due on Halloween. However, after Jessica’s doctor appointment last week, they moved up his due date to October 10-17. Then, after her appointment yesterday, they adjusted again to be this weekend! We’re really hoping he comes today, since that would give us a birthday on October 3 (Logan), November 3 (Curt/Grandpa), and December 3 (Me/Grandma)! So, we are armed with our cell phones, and I’m sure I’ll jump every time mine rings today!

Anyway, I just love this part of things - the speculating…what will he look like? What color hair will he have? How big will he be? I’m sure all parents/grandparents go through it, but since I’ve never had children, I don’t really know. I’ve only been through it with Jacob (my nephew), Megan (my niece), Ethan, Matthew, and now Logan (our grandsons). The thing that I find funny is the fact that it is no less exciting no matter how many times I go through it! ;)

When Ethan was born, I celebrated (in Las Vegas) with a mini-bottle of champagne. I think that I’d better go get another one!

No comments: