FINAL Follow-Up to "I Did Something Crazy!"

Well, it's been a month since I sent the letter to my former best friend, Eric (aka Carlos). I was really hoping that I would hear something…anything…from himeven if it was just to say, “Leave me alone.” However, I have heard nothing…absolutely nothing.

I am quite disappointed. I have had three dear friends in this life…I have re-established relationships with two of them (Matt and Laura), but apparently, re-establishing a relationship with Eric is not meant to be.

Matt and I have known each other for nearly 20 years. We went through a few years of not talking to each other at all (long story), but we put all that behind us, and we’ve been friends now for many years. I’m confident that we will remain friends for many more years to come. As for Laura, it’s great to have her around again. We were never the best at keeping in touch, but we’ve now established the understanding that we may not always communicate, but we are always there if needed. She’s truly one of my dearest friends, and it really helps that she lives so close to me now!

I am hoping that these friendships will continue to change and grow. Nevertheless, I have to say that I am saddened by not hearing from Eric. I just have to resign myself to the fact that I have done my part. I have tried, but it just did not work out as I had hoped. I don’t know what mistakes I made with Eric, but I will try my best to never let anything like this happen with any of my other friends.

I was really hoping that I would hear something…anything…from him…

No comments: