Our Wonderful Weekend

What a great weekend we had this past weekend! Although it was extremely busy, it was extremely fun, and I’m extremely disappointed that it’s over. Oh, well…all good things…blah, blah, blah!

What made the weekend so wonderful, you might ask. Well, in case you didn’t already know it, Scott (Curt’s son), Jessie (Scott’s wife), Ethan (our grandson), and Logan (our grandson, Ethan’s brother) drove from their home in Myrtle Beach to visit the family here in Ohio. It was the weekend of Matthew’s second birthday party. (Matthew is our grandson who lives locally.) For the first time, the gang stayed with us at our house. (We finally had a bedroom for them to stay in, thanks to all the remodeling we’ve done!)

It was so much fun!

We did lots of things in the few days we had together. We (Curt and I) visited with them ourselves. On Friday, we took them to visit with Curt’s parents, which was the first time Curt’s parents got to see their newest great-grandchild, Logan. We stopped by my office so the girls at work could see the kids in person, instead of just photos. Then, on Saturday, after a lovely morning together, we met up again at Matthew’s birthday party. It was so much fun to see all the kids playing together and watching Ethan flirt with the adorable little girls (all sisters) at the party. On Sunday, we had the Bauns and the Ottersons/Currys over to our house to spend some time with everyone. My mom even came into town early to go to church with me at New Hope. (She really enjoyed it, which also made me very happy.) Since we didn’t get to spend Easter with Ethan and Logan, we did an Easter-egg hunt for Ethan on Sunday. Jake (our nephew) and Megan (our niece) helped him hunt for his eggs and open them all when he was finished. We played outside, playing hockey (the older “kids”), swinging on the swing, and blowing bubbles. After the Otterson/Curry crew headed back to PA, we took everyone over to see “Aunt Jennifer’s” new house. After the tour of the new house, it was a quick stop at the store and then home to crash.

On Monday morning, the fun ended when they packed up to go back to Myrtle Beach. They left early in the morning, before Curt and I had to go to work. It was fun while it lasted, and I can’t wait to do it again.

I told Curt that I think it’s our turn to go there…to the sunny south…but I don’t know if I can talk him into it or not. All I can do is try.

I’d love to write out everything that went on, just so I can look back on it one day and remember. I just don’t have the time, right now. Maybe I will be able to do it over the next few days and/or weeks. It was just such a wonderful time, and I wanted to share it with everyone!

No comments: