Bible Study - Update - Myrtle Beach Trip

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to the Bible study last night. Things really blew up with our upcoming trip to Myrtle Beach. First, we found out that our friend, Betty, couldn't go with us, due to her husband being in the hospital. This may not sound like a big issue to some, but we use Betty's timeshare when we go, so this was a bigger deal than one may think.

So, we got a "guest certificate" (for an additional fee), which would allow the remainder of the party to go without Betty. However, we then noticed that the reservation was for a one-bedroom unit, when it was supposed to be for a two-bedroom unit. (It's hard to sleep 5 people in one bedroom.) The company assured us that the one-bedroom could accommodate our party, but then they said that two of the beds were bunk beds! Well, Curt and I really aren't into the bunk-bed thing, and I don't think my parents (both between 65 and 70 years old) are up for getting into bunk beds! So after some arguing with them for screwing up the reservation, we ended up with NO PLACE TO STAY.

Talk about panic!!

So, we called my mom and kept getting her voicemail all evening. She finally called me back to say that they may not be going with us, since her sister (in New Jersey) was in the hospital. My mom and her other sisters are probably heading to Jersey this weekend or early next week.

Curt and I made arrangements to stay with his son, but then Curt decided that he wanted to stay on the beach or no where. So, we spent about 20 minutes looking online, and we found what looks to be a GREAT place to stay!

So, what ended up not being a great way to spend an evening didn't turn out too bad. We're still waiting to hear about Betty's husband and my aunt, who are both in the hospital (one in Cleveland, and one in Jersey). Nevertheless, we have a place to stay, and the trip is still on...thankfully!

4 comments:

Paul Dazet said...

Erica,
I'm glad things worked out for the vacation - sorry it was a stressful evening.

I pray that you and curt have an amazing vacation - you guys deserve it.

Hey - and about the Bible Study, I would love it if you would study with me, I could use all the help that I could get. Revelation is going to be a touch book to study. Let me know.

Love you guys,
Paul

Erica said...

Curt and I are excited about having some relaxation time at the Beach - not to mention the chance to be there for our grandson's 2nd birthday party!

As for the Bible Study, what would you want me to do? I was already planning to follow "Blogging through Revelation" closely. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm always interested in reading and studying and reading some more.

Paul Dazet said...

Erica,
I ordered a bunch of books on Revelation. I will not have time to read them all, so maybe I can give you a couple to read through and you can share your thoughts on your blog.

We (Me, Dave, Ben) are not approaching this with a predetermined outcome - we want to discover. It ought to be a lot of fun.

Let me know, maybe you could stop by and I could get you a few books.

Peace!
Paul

Erica said...

Reading? That sounds like it's right up my alley. I'll have a lot of time, too, with a 12-hour car trip coming up and lots of time sitting on the beach! :) Hey...I'll give it a shot and see what happens!

Just let me know where/when to pick up the book(s). Tonight would be tough, because we are going shopping (after I get off work), and we may be going to Jump-in-Jacks for the Stand Up to Cancer “party.” Monday and Thursday evenings aren’t good, but any other time (after 4:30) would work.