General Update

I know that it’s been a while since I wrote anything, but as some of you know, we were away for a week, visiting family in Myrtle Beach. We had a wonderful trip, and it was so amazing to see how much our grandson, Ethan, has grown. He seems to be a happy little guy, and he now talks like crazy! I was just a bit disappointed that he took so long to warm up to us. He hasn’t seen us since October 2007, and he didn’t even let Grandpa Curt pick him up until the last night we were there. I guess that’s the downfall to being a long-distance grandparent. Now that Ethan talks so well, we’re hoping that telephone calls will help him remain familiar with us. We’re also trying to come up with other ways to make ourselves more familiar to Ethan, so we’ll see how that all works out. (Any ideas are welcome!)

On Tuesday evening, Scott (Curt’s son) called us to see how things were going since we got home. He also wanted to tell us that the due date for their second son, Logan, has been moved up. Logan was originally due on October 31 – a Halloween baby! However, after Jessica’s doctor appointment on Monday, they adjusted the due date to October 10. So, we are officially on “baby watch!” We have cell phones with us all the time – even Curt, who only takes his phone if he “needs it.” Every time the phone rings, we jump up to see who it is calling. It’s so exciting!

Even though we can’t get back to Myrtle Beach for the “Diaper Shower,” I’m hoping to talk Curt into going back to Myrtle Beach after Logan arrives. I really don’t think that it will take much, but we’ll see!

2 comments:

*Austin Mommy* said...

family lives in Scotland, so they are VERY long distance grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. We all have webcams for our computers, which are great for keeping up to date. They can see our kids growing and talk with them almost as if we were in the same room. I recommend it!!

Erica said...

WOW - that is really long distance!

We did the web-cam thing, too, when my sister lived in Arizona and had my nephew. I even thought of buying some books - 2 copies of each - and sending them one copy. We'd keep the other copy and read them "together" on the web cam. I guess I need to start shopping for a cam for them.