My Crazy Day

I'm a little bit bored at work, so I thought that I'd share what's happened during this - my crazy day, which isn't over yet.

First, I did something this morning that I can hardly believe. We gave away our piano! My nephew and niece started piano lessons, and we had wanted to get rid of the piano because our living room just isn't big enough for a baby grand. My mom decided that she would pay to have it moved, so as of this morning, it's gone!

We still have an old Yamaha electric piano in our "home office," but that thing hasn't been used in years. Curt's going to move it out into the living room, so he says. I don't know if I'll be able to adjust to it, since it doesn't have a full keyboard. However, Curt said that we'll shop for a new digital piano in the spring.

Then, tonight after work, I have to meet my dad in New Castle. My mom had to go out of town to be with her sister who is in the hospital, and I never got over to pick up Ethan's birthday gift. So, Dad is going to meet me - on the condition that I take him out to dinner! I jumped at the chance. I can't remember the last time that I went to dinner with my dad - just the two of us.

I'm hoping to be home sometime before 9:00 PM. (For those of you who don't know, I am usually asleep in the recliner by 9:30 PM, which is probably because we get up at 5:00 AM.) That also means that Curt will be stuck at home, rearranging the living room and getting stuff ready for the trip. That could be bad...

No comments: